Unmarried Partner visa
This allows the unmarried partners of British Citizens or persons with settled status in the UK to live and work in the UK. You would be required to show that you have cohabited and been in a relationship akin to marriage for at least 2 years with your British partner or settled partner prior to the submission of your application.
An applicant would be required to meet the following requirements for an unmarried partner visa to be issued:
- Your unmarried partner must be a British Citizen or settled person in the UK;
- You must have lived together for at least 2 years in a relationship akin to marriage in the case of an unmarried partner;
- Your relationship with your partner must be subsisting;
- You must show that you intend to live with your sponsor and have adequate accommodation;
- Your sponsor must meet the financial requirements of £18,600 per year (this increases if you have children);
- You must meet the English language requirements;
- You must meet the Tuberculosis requirement where applicable.
Once the application is approved, the initial visa is granted for 2.5 years, after which you may apply for a Spouse Visa Extension for another 2.5 years. After five years, you may be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Our immigration lawyers have vast experience in navigating the complex Home Office requirements for this category of visa.
For help with your Spouse, Civil Partner, or Unmarried Partner visa application, or Parent of a British Child visa application, please contact us on 07429429892, 02038563516 or email@example.com