Spouse/Civil partner Visa
This allows British Citizens, people with a settled status in the UK to bring their family members to live and work in the UK. There are strict requirements to be met in this visa route. This route also covers unmarried partner (must have been cohabiting together and been in a relationship akin to marriage for at least 2 years), dependent children of a British Citizen or settled person and adult dependent of a British Citizen.
An applicant would be required to meet the following requirements for a UK Spouse/Civil Partnership or unmarried partner visa to be issued:
- Your spouse/civil partner must be a British Citizen or settled person in the UK
- You must have met each other and be legally married
- Your relationship with your partner must be subsisting
- You must show that you intend to live with your sponsor and have adequate accommodation
- Your sponsor must meet the financial requirements of £18,600 per year (this increases if you have children)
- You must meet the English language requirements
- You must meet the Tuberculosis requirement where applicable
Once the application is approved, the initial visa is granted for 2.5 years, after which you may apply for a Spouse Visa Extension for another 2.5 years. After five years, you may be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Our Immigration lawyers has vast experience in navigating the complex Home Office requirements for this category of visa.
We can also assist where it is an application as the parent of a British child.
For more information with your spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner visa application, parent of a British child, please contact us on 07429429892, 02038563516 or email@example.com