Tier 2 General visa
The Tier 2 General category is for individuals who have an offer of a skilled job in the UK from a UK employer (licensed Tier 2 Sponsor). This category includes applicants coming to the UK to fill shortage occupations. You will need to have an offer of employment before applying for a visa in this category.
To be eligible for this visa, the applicant will be required to meet the following requirements:
- Have a valid CoS (Certificate of Sponsorship) from an employer who holds a UKVI sponsorship license to sponsor non-British or non-EEA national;
- The job sponsored for must be at least graduate level or a specified creative profession;
- Applicant must be paid a minimum salary of £30,000 (£20,800 for some applicants) or the minimum for the exact job sponsored to do, whichever is higher;
- The job offer is a genuine vacancy and you are appropriately qualified or registered to do the job;
- Maintenance funds which must have been in the account for a continuous period of 90 days. Alternatively, the sponsor can certify the maintenance of the applicant on the CoS;
- English Language proficiency.
The licensed Tier 2 Sponsor will need to show that there is no suitable settled worker in the UK to fill the role. In most cases, they will need to prove that they have conducted a genuine Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT). That is, they have advertised the role for at least 28 days in two places and no suitable settled worker has applied or fill the role.
Your Tier 2 Sponsor is not required to carry out RLMT in cases where the job is on the Shortage Occupation List, or if you will be a high earner (annual salary of £159,600 or more). If you are switching from a Tier 4 General Student visa, then your employer will usually be exempt from the Resident Labour Market Test.
Tier 2 General visa will enable the applicant to live, work in the UK, bring in their dependants, do a supplementary employment apart from their primary employment, study on part time and use the NHS. The holder would be eligible for permanent residency after 5 years. It also leads to British Citizenship provided the necessary requirements are met.
For more information with your Tier 2 General Visa application, please contact us on 07429429892, 02038563516 or email@example.com